Trees are such a common sight that you might not realize the range of benefits your tree delivers. Apart from being the ultimate source of oxygen that supports life, trees can improve the physical appearance of your property. Many people desire to have healthy and beautiful trees, but only a few understand what has to be done to achieve that. One of the key practices that you have to incorporate into your tree care routine is tree pruning/trimming.
What Is Tree Pruning?
Pruning is a horticultural practice involving the selective removal of certain parts of a plant, such as branches, buds, or roots that have become dead, diseased or infected.
Why Trim Your Trees?
Improve tree’s health
Pruning involves removing deadwood which is the prime breeding ground for diseases, pest infestation and decay. The removal of deadwood is crucial to keeping healthy, beautiful trees
It is not uncommon to see poorly attached and weak branches hanging around trees. Pruning, which mostly involves shaping helps your trees to maintain healthy shape and size. However, it is important to engage the service of a tree care expert who understands the appropriate branches to remove to avoid harming your tree.
Old, large trees can pose considerable threat to your safety especially when they are either too close to the house or they possess roots that have started encroaching upon the foundations.
One of the common reasons for tree pruning is to improve the physical appearance of your tree. Crown cleaning and lightening of overgrown branches can return your tree to its natural beauty.
Tree Pruning Tips To Keep Your Trees In Good Shape
- Pruning is usually done during the trees’ dormancy period. In Colorado, this time frame is between mid to late October when the leaves fall and continues through February or March when trees begin to grow again. However, routine pruning to remove weak, dead limbs, or diseased tree limbs can be carried out at any time during the year with minimal effect on the tree.
- When pruning, it is important that the tree’s limbs are kept intact, as this is what helps the tree to stay upright.
- Avoid excessive thinning, topping or other bad practices that can destroy a tree.
- Prune before asking a cut on the tree
- Only prune weak, narrow and V-shaped angles
Where To Find Best Tree Pruning Service In Westminster Co
You have a number of options when looking to hire a tree care company for tree pruning in Westminster Co. However, one of the companies that offers the excellent tree care services, based on customer reviews is Arbor-Pro Tree. Experts at Arbor-Pro Tree have served homeowners and businesses in Westminster Co for years, providing a broad range of tree care services at competitive prices.
The team of experts are also licensed and certified by relevant bodies such as National Arborist Association and the International Society of Arboriculture. To speak with a tree care expert, visit their official website or call (303) 933 0005.